Did you know that plastic and heat are no good? Water just sitting in a plastic reservoir during the heating process, as in the case of coffee makers, doesn’t sound like such a great or “green” idea. Speaking of which, plastic is one of the biggest enemies of planet Earth. So it’s only natural to want to buy a plastic free coffee maker.
So if you wish to switch to BPA-free coffee machines, I have shortlisted the top 10 models just for you. And even one of them isn’t any less competitive when it comes to preparing delicious coffee. Or in terms of quality and durability.
The Best Plastic Free Coffee Maker: Top 10 Choices
- 1. Cuisinart DCC-3200 Stainless Steel Coffeemaker
- 2. BUNN BX Speed Brew Classic Coffee Brewer
- 3. SterlingPro French Press Double-Wall Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
- 4. Coffee Gator Pour Over Stainless Steel Brewer
- 5. Presto 02811 Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
- 6. Melitta 640446 Pour-Over Coffee Brewer
- 7. OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker
- 8. Chemex Classic Series Pour-Over Glass Coffeemaker
- 9. Mr. Coffee CG13-RB Switch Coffeemaker
- 10. Bialetti 06969 Venus Stovetop Espresso Coffee Maker
1. Cuisinart DCC-3200 Stainless Steel Coffeemaker
- Glass carafe keeps coffee hot for long.
- Easy programming makes it suitable for beginners too.
- Sound indicator and auto shut-off are included.
- The spout is poorly designed.
Here’s the best free plastic coffee maker. The Cuisinart DCC-3200 is a programmable machine that features phenomenal technology. It prepares 14 cups of hot, delicious coffee at the press of a button.
You get to choose between bold and regular. You even get the wonderful opportunity to set your brewing time as long as it’s within the 24-hour limit. As for the design of the unit, it comes with a backlit, easy to read LCD screen.
As far as performance goes, there are enough features in here to satisfy your caffeine cravings. Such as optimal coffee brewing temperature and strength control. There’s a self-cleaning function, automatic off, and ready tone as well.
The carafe is made of glass with accents made of stainless steel on the handle. So you don’t have to worry about water in the reservoir or coffee in the pot coming in contact with plastic. In all, don’t just consider buying the Cuisinart DCC-3200 because it’s stainless steel and has a glass carafe. The programmable aspect of the machine is also quite a tempting factor.
2. BUNN BX Speed Brew Classic Coffee Brewer
- The reservoir of the coffee maker is always hot.
- It doesn’t require a lot of grounds for a smooth brew.
- Hot plate keeps coffee hot without turning it bitter.
- Centering carafe below the spout to prevent mess is required.
- Brewing time is very quick.
3 minutes is a very short period of time to wait for coffee at home, isn’t it? Does that sound appealing to you given your busy schedule? Then don’t look beyond the BUNN BX Speed Brew Classic Coffee Brewer.
The design is a classic one and paired with accents of stainless steel. The coffee machine can brew a maximum of 10 cups and a minimum of 4 cups of delightful coffee. The carafe is built using glass. And the warming plate inside is porcelain-coated. Then there’s the on and off switch too.
What about the taste of the coffee? The spray head of the coffee maker takes care of that. By making sure complete, even flavor extraction occurs. The water tank that houses all the hot water is made of stainless steel, not plastic. And it maintains the optimal temperature for brewing. That is around 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
So do you like the idea of preparing your favorite cup of morning coffee in under 3 minutes?
3. SterlingPro French Press Double-Wall Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
- Dishwasher-safe, rust-resistant stainless steel exterior and interior.
- Double-screen filter blocks sediments.
- Double-wall construction keeps coffee piping hot.
- Grounds get caught between plunger and screen, thus intensive cleaning.
Here’s the best French Press without plastic parts. The thing is packed with double screens. So you don’t have to deal with coffee grounds, small or big, in the mouth. One filter screen brushes the interior wall tightly and evenly. While the other catches the tiniest grounds that somehow manage to pass through that first barrier.
The interior and exterior are stainless steel, double-walled that too. So the inside heat doesn’t reach the outside. This means you don’t have to worry about burning those hands. On top of that, there’s the classic mirror finish added for visual appeal.
Even the handle of the coffee maker is designed ergonomically. You can wash the French Press in your dishwasher. And you can even expect it to last for many, many years. Cause of the highly rust-resistant nature of stainless steel used. This means you get to devour French-pressed cold or hot brew for years to come.
4. Coffee Gator Pour Over Stainless Steel Brewer
- Stainless steel mesh filter lets through oil and blocks grounds.
- Brewing takes under 5 minutes.
- Cleaning the filter and carafe is easy.
- It seems like a fragile coffee maker.
Introduce your taste buds to exceptional coffee. Prepared using the Coffee Gator Pour Over Stainless Steel Brewer. It’s the best non toxic coffee maker because there’s no plastic used anywhere. Also, the pour-over method of brewing doesn’t even welcome the use of such parts. The technique is, after all, the easiest and simplest of all the methods.
It features a double-mesh design stainless steel material filter. This filter traps more coffee grounds, no doubt. At the same time, it allows all the natural coffee flavors and oils to get through. So it’s time to make the most of your favorite coffee beans.
The carafe is completely BPA-free, as you can see. What else is evident? The advantageous combination of minimal effort and maximum flavor. That’s what pour-over brewing is all about anyway.
5. Presto 02811 Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
- The percolator capacity is 12-cup large.
- Coffee brews at almost 200 degrees Fahrenheit consistently.
- Removable power cord enables simple storage.
- It contains a few aluminum parts likely to corrode.
Now here’s an all stainless steel percolator by Presto. There’s nothing more comforting than listening to a coffee maker bubbling your favorite hot beverage. At least not for a genuine coffee lover like me and you!
The plastic free coffee maker prepares 12 cups at once. The indicator light lets you know when the brewing is complete. As for the design, there’s the perk tube and filter basket inside. Needless to say, these are built using more durable stainless steel.
Pouring spout is also easy. So it delivers your freshly brewed, great-tasting, flavorful, and piping hot coffee. Without creating a mess! It feels like the most comfortable experience in my opinion.
6. Melitta 640446 Pour-Over Coffee Brewer
- The upper tray is dishwasher-safe.
- The coffee maker brings out more flavor.
- It brews coffee very quickly.
- Carafe glass is prone to chipping or breaking easily.
All you have to do here to get the perfect developed and bold cup of brew is pour the water slowly. Slower pouring enables more flavorful and bolder coffee. With this Melitta 640446 Pour-Over Brewer.
The cone part of the coffee maker is BPA-free. The glass-built carafe can accommodate 6 cups of freshly brewed coffee. Along with that, you get 5 filters and a coffee scoop.
The Melitta 640446 brews your favorite beverage at an optimal temperature. Without the shadow of a doubt! It even has the ability to regulate water flow. And the pour-over genius does so with the perfect coffee ground turbulence required for complete coffee extraction.
So what you’re dealing with here is a simple to use brewing system. That gets the job done quickly without disappointing your taste buds.
7. OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker
- Showerhead ensures full flavor, uniform extraction.
- Brew cycle is microprocessor-controlled to replicate pour-over brewing.
- 24 hours start timer is included.
- When you empty the filter, a little bit of water dribbles out.
- Carafe lid retains a few drops of coffee you can’t get out.
How can you beat the combination of science and art found in the OXO Brew Coffee Maker? The science part is the collision of temperature and time. And the art involves extracting the rich flavor and aroma from your favorite coffee beans. On top of that, it’s a plastic free coffee machine.
This 9-cup coffee maker allows the roast to touch full potential. And it does so by making sure the temperature remains optimally high. And even consistent throughout the brewing action. It pumps water into the basket in cycles. These are perfectly timed. Beginning with the short cycle, so the coffee gets enough time to bloom. This means full, rich flavor extraction.
Furthermore, there’s a microprocessor that monitors temperature, time, and volume. So you can enjoy a cup of special, hand-crafted brew without leaving home. Now isn’t that worth spending your money on?
8. Chemex Classic Series Pour-Over Glass Coffeemaker
- It’s a very simple to use coffee maker.
- The filter eliminates grinds and prepares the smoothest coffee.
- Heat-resistant, heavy-walled borosilicate glass is used.
- There’s no added or thermal insulation to keep coffee hot after brewing.
Don’t you just love it when you get the option to buy a timeless, non toxic coffee maker? By timeless, I mean a brewing system you know is made of durable materials. And by non-toxic, I mean no plastic comes in contact with hot water and coffee. Either during or after the brewing process.
That’s the beauty of the Chemex Classic Series Pour-Over Glass Coffeemaker. Borosilicate glass is what brings in the tough quality. It even prevents the absorption of chemical residue and odor.
The kettle is flat-bottomed with a silicone stopper. This stopper makes sure water remains at the optimal peak temperature. Along the way, it vents all the steam too. This keeps the neck cool to touch, which suggests safe handling.
But what steals the show is the filter design. The bonded filters of Chemex deliver the most delicious pour-over brew. Minus any bitterness or sediments! Even the taste is timeless if you ask me.
9. Mr. Coffee CG13-RB Switch Coffeemaker
- Clean-up is easy and quick due to the removable filter basket.
- 2 water windows prevent overflows.
- Pause and Serve feature is included.
- Very short power cord.
- The brewing process is a bit noisy.
Imagine what it would be like to brew the perfect flavor for as many as 12 cups. That means 12 whole cups of fresh, piping hot, delicious coffee at your disposal. It’s because of models like these that local coffee shops might just run out of business. Plus, it’s one of the best plastic free coffee maker.
The water filtration system in here minimizes chlorine by 97 percent. The result of which is BPA-free, even more delicious-tasting coffee.
As for the useful features, they include pause and serve and detachable filter basket. Along with the double water window and off/on indicator light. But I found the Pause and Serve function to be the most practical. So you don’t have to wait for the machine to brew all 12 cups. Just pause in the middle and pour yourself a cup right there.
It’s a very basic coffee maker with no fuss or frills regarding performance or handling. So you have every reason to switch to the plastic-free version this very moment.
10. Bialetti 06969 Venus Stovetop Espresso Coffee Maker
- Brewing takes only 4 to 5 minutes.
- The coffee maker fits on any stovetop.
- The handle is heat-resistant, thus cool to touch.
- Water drips down the handle during brewing.
There’s just no point in denying or even undermining the truth that this is the best non toxic espresso machine. The Bialetti 06969 Venus Stovetop Espresso is crafted for those that drink nothing but only the smoothest cup of coffee.
The use of high-quality stainless steel is quite evident. Once you hold or even lay your eyes on this coffee maker. Even the heat-resistant, ergonomic design of the handle is quite appealing. But what matters the most is that you get to drink your favorite rich Italian espresso in under 5 minutes.
The compatibility of the Venus with just about any stovetop is pretty commendable. Beautiful hazel brown colored foam appears seconds before your coffee is done brewing.
And news flash; coffee makers by Bialetti, back in the days, were only a part of restaurants and cafes. But now you get the opportunity to use these iconic coffee machines in your home as well.
Plastic does contain toxins. The negative effects of which might strike you in the long run. So if you keep drinking delicious coffee prepared by coffee makers with plastic parts, you’re only just ruining your long-term health. Now I know this sounds absurd, but it’s true.
However, it’s never too late to make the switch to a plastic free coffee maker. And one that’s best in terms of performance, quality, and value. Much like the Cuisinart DCC-3200 Stainless Steel Coffeemaker. It’s the top pick followed by 9 equally phenomenal no-plastic coffee makers.